Friday, August 28, 2009

Just A Little Quilt Talk

I am starting backwards (meaning from present to forgotten) in an attempt to cover all the things I have left out over the past few weeks. No complaints, but time is always short and my blogging efforts come in last, much to my dismay. Soooooo, I will play catch-up even though many of the following events have passed away with time! This last Monday was my "Quilt Group" get-to-gether. For some reason there is nothing better, more enjoyable, or satisfying than visiting with my "Quilty" friends. We laugh, eat and carry on for most the morning. Really though, we have some pretty talented ladies and it is always fun to see their quilts. It is quite therapeutic!
Michelle hosted this month......We take a break in the summer, so it was fun to get back into the schedule and see what has been happening over the summer. Michelle always has something to show us. She teaches classes in her Ward....this is one of her upcoming projects. Yep....Christmas is around the corner.

Elaine is kinda my Idol. She is a perfect applique, "quilty" person! I always love what she does and can only hope I can applique as perfectly as she does one day. She even attempted to give me a quick lesson on her skills......anyway, I like to stare at her quilts. They really are fabulous!


The Appliqe Queen



Marene is making this striking quilt that is so time consuming. There are a ton of tiny pieces, but she seems to get it together quickly. She turns out so many quilts quickly. I don't know where she finds time. She and her husband are in charge of the Humanitarian Center here for the Church....that alone takes tons of time. She is pretty amazing.

I finally finished little Livy's quilt, even though she is 4 months old! No complaining from the Receiver please! It took me FOREVER! But I am a slow, methodical quilty girl.....! And I like it like that!

Kim started this quilt on one of her summer get-a-ways. She is just fun to have around....talky and giggly. Her daughter just got married the first of August, so she is especially happy to have some down time don't ya think?
We start school here sooooo early. It is literally 113 degrees today! Hello....summer is not over. We are dying, but we love the school thing. So Michelle kept it real and fixed box lunches for us. They were delicious and so cute....all wrapped up with a bow. She always out does herself and we are the happy recipients! Thanks Michelle. We had such a fun time. We all wonder why getting together is so enjoyable???? It's relaxing, stress-free, yummy (the food is always FAB), we laugh, we have much in common, we all the love same thing, and we have the best time together!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm ready for another fun quilt day. Do we have to wait until next month??????

Amy said...

LOVE Livy's quilt! No complaints from this recipient...and the other one can't talk yet, so take her babbles as "thanks." hehe.

Natalie said...

Yes, I have to agree with Amy....Livy's quilt is darling! So cute!

I hope when my kids are grown and in school all day, that I can find a quilt group that's just as fun like yours! I love seeing all of your projects.