Thursday, July 10, 2008

And The Rains Came!

It has literally been at least a year since I have seen rain! Tonight Max and I went to dinner and on the way home we noticed that the sky looked ominous. We usually shrug it off because it never turns into anything.......just the usual monsoon summer weather.....it kinda tricks ya. We stopped to buy some fertilizer at Home Depot and when we came out......it was pouring! I don't mean a little rain-storm.....the wind was whipping and things were flying through the streets. Max had to swerve to avoid some palm tree bark flying through the air. It was raining so hard we couldn't see very well. I mean it has been a long time since something like this has hit. I must say it is sooooooo wonderful. The temperature dropped 30 degrees! On the way home I began to get nervous about my backyard. I had left the umbrellas out in the pool and my outdoor draperies were not pulled back. All my new furniture was exposed. We pulled into the driveway and saw the drapes whipping in the wind up over my fence. Sure enough my lounge chairs had blown into the pool and my drapes were flying through the air. The garbage cans had blown over and garbage was blowing everywhere. A little quick work in the soaking rain!
This is heaven. I hear the thunder and it is still pouring. We have the doors open and it smells so good! Ahhhhhhh what a little rain can do! It's the BEST!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It was so fun! My girls really wanted to run around outside. But since they had already showered and there was lightning it was a "no go." But I had to drive somewhere and I seriously thought I was going to be washed away. I drove 25 MPH and I couldn't see, really! It was a little freaky. I had to call Ryan when I got there (soaked I might add) just to let him know I was safe!

Linda said...

It's about time you guys had some other weather than just sun shine!!! There is nothing like the smell of a good rain storm. Hope you didn't have any damage.