Sunday, June 29, 2008

Riley Turns 7!





Yesterday was Riley's 7th birthday. Every year I try to think of something I can do with my grandkids when their birthday comes around. In the past I have taken the older 4 girls to "Girly Girls" to get their hair all done up like a Princess, with glitter and all. That was fun. This year I decided to take them to get a Pedicure. This only works for the older girls ......gonna have to think when Drew and Zack come around!

On Friday I took Riley to "Happy Feet" to get a Pedicure. We had a great time together. Everyone there knew it was her birthday....so they helped take some pictures. She had flowers and polka dots painted on her toes and fingers. She was pampered.



Perfect Toes

Saturday she had a big swim party at our house with all her friends. Julie had everything fixed so cute! Lots of fun food and Darling Favors! She went to a lot of work to make it especially fun for Riley. The weather was perfect (if you love HOT).....and the kids had a great time. Amy remarked that the party was a lot like the partys we had when we were young. Ryan (Max) in charge of all the fun games and Julie (Deb) in charge of the cutest "Party Look" Oh the memories! Julie fits right in with our family....she is the BEST!



Max was the designated "Lifeguard"

Party Attendees!

The cutest cupcakes

The Favors
"Thanks For Making My Birthday A Splash"

Just a few thing I love about Riley:

At the age of 7 she is remarkably grown-up.....I was telling Max yesterday that having a conversation with Riley is quite fun. It is like talking to a 13-year-old without the attitude!

She is very responsible....She will be a fabulous babysitter. She has the in-charge personality and a mom-attitude. Love it!

She is very sociable......she has lots of friends

She is very tender. She already cries at the movies!

She is the oldest grandchild and great- grandchild on my side of the family, which makes her the oldest Schaar cousin. A lot to live up to!

She is a FABULOUS swimmer and can read really well.

She takes really good care of her younger sisters.

She is very feminine....loves all the "Girly" things! Look out Ryan...he will have his hands full!

Riley is so sweet...I Love her Lots! Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You are the best grandma ever!!! She is just a doll.

Julie said...

Okay, I love some of those pictures. They are better than mine. You know how it is when you are in charge--you never get the good photo ops. I need some copies--for real!

kathy Muir said...

looks like a great party!