Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lucy




"Goose" as she is lovingly called by all our family members is my 6th grandchild. She is absolutely adorable! When she was very small she reminded me of a porcelain doll with her big brown eyes and her curly, dark hair. No one can account for her nickname "Goose." I guess it came from family referring to her as "Lucy Goosey" (the rhyming thing) and it just stuck. What will happen when she is a teenager and we're still calling her Goose? Funny, but it seems to fit! She is growing up so quickly. Especially now since little Sophie has been born into her family. Lucy looks all grown up. I love it that Lucy loves to snuggle and she giggles alot if you play with her. She is use to getting bossed around by her two older sisters, Riley and Maddie......but now has someone smaller she can boss around (Sophie) in a few years! Lucy is two years old and is beginning to talk. When you drive around in the car with her she just jabbers about this and that. Who really knows what she is talking about, but once in a while you will understand a few words. She distinctly knows the words "No Zack!" She is posessive of her toys and her territory when cousins invade. Rightly so! She loves her "taggy"......how do I describe that? It is a small square of pink flannel fabric with different loops of ribbon trimming all four edges. I think one of Julie's friends made it for her. Little did we know it would be such a favorite! She loves to have it at bedtime and if she has it during the day she will carry it around and suck her fingers. It's amazing what these little ones love. It is so sweet when I come to visit.....Lucy will run up to me with a big hug. Who knows how long that will last? Lucy loves books and will do anything her big sisters are doing. Riley and Maddie take care of her so lovingly (usually!) She loves her new little sister, Sophie. When we went to visit her at the hospital the first time after she was born, I was surprised at how fast Lucy took to her. She wanted to hold her right away and touch her little head. It was so, so cute. I am sure she is one of Mom's best helpers. Lucy is a beautiful little girl. I love you "Goose!"

1 comments:

Julie said...

Debbie, I love your comments on little Goose. They are so sweet and so accurate. I need to record them so I can read them 15 years down the road when she is pushing curfw, talking back, and embarassed by her parents. Thanks!