Monday, May 11, 2009

Sixteen

The day has arrived......he can date, he can drive, he's smiling, he's happy, he's spoiled but he is loved! Kev boy is sixteen.

What to do for a sixteen-year-old??? Read on.

I purchased some ever-so-wonderful gift cards that I knew he would love! I went to the scrapbook store (yes!) and die cut some funky envelopes to hold the gift cards.
I called some random girl friends (found on his contact list while he was asleep) acquainted with Kev to help me out!

During each break between classes at school, one of the girls walked up to Kev and gave him a little birthday envelope. At first he was wondering.... what the heck???? And then he got the idea. At lunch I brought him a pizza and one of the girls delivered a big cookie from Paradise Bakery while he was eating lunch. The gifts continued throughout the day until school was over. Kevin came home smiling!

Before Kevin's school let out, "The Boyer Girls" came over and did a number on Kev's room. It was sooooo cute. They were excited! They had banners, streamers, ballons and witty comments that they decorated Kevin's room with. What cute little kiddos. They did a fabulous job with birthday decor. Kev was touched! It was extra effort on Julie's part.....it was 103 degrees outside, she had to get Riley out of school early, and Sophie was not feeling well at all. Thanks for the effort Julie! Our family is suffering from the flu bug!!!






Now for a comment or two from the Mom....
Kev is an awesome 16-year-old! (except he wants a dog!) I appreciate his willingness to be helpful, obedient and pretty much do anything we ask him to do. It's tough being an "only child" at this point in his life. He has great friends that fill in for the brother/sister thing. He has worked hard this year in school and on the wrestling team. He received the Outstanding JV Wrestler Award and no doubt he deserved it. The grandkids adore him and I love him like no other! Happy Birthday Sixteen Year Old!


2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Bday to Kev. He's the greatest. . . I'm staying off the roads for awhile though. :)

Amy said...

I'm sorry I wasn't there to tell you in person {I decided to keep the flu bug contained to my own house}...but Happy Birthday!

I guess now you won't need anyone to drive you to go toilet papering...crap.