Saturday, June 20, 2009

Riley's Day

This one is a biggy. I am posting this prematurely, but I consider this Riley's birthday celebration. We spent last Monday Night together for Riley's eighth birthday. Even though it was an early shindig....due to summer vacations.....we did not let it pass unnoticed. We had a dinner/swim party, gifts, dessert, and a cousin sleepover.

The birthday gift this year was a hit! Thanks to Julie's recommendation and some helpful hints we scored. I put together a "Nancy Drew Sleuth Kit". Yeah...it worked! The theme for the rest of the night was "Nancy Drew" at her best. The little detectives spent the night looking for clues (with binoculars, flashlights and walkie talkies) that invovled anything that was amiss in the neighborhood. Grandpa even hid some clues of his own. I just watched and giggled! Oh the imagination those girls have! I now have received "Nancy Drew" requests from other grandchildren for future birthday gifts! It was a Hit!

Earlier, I took Riley shopping and to lunch for her birthday. This year the grandkids get to pick out a new pair of shoes. Can I say that it has been so much fun. I loved Riley's choice....she received a couple of compliments from strangers as we walked the mall. Very fashionable!

The night ended with a cousin sleepover/movie/popcorn event! All eligible little girls snuggled in their sleeping bags in front of "Because of Winn Dixie"....a night to remember! I love my little kiddos! We look forward to Riley's baptism in August. She is the oldest grandchild and is a sweet example of all of us.


As a side note....these little girls thrive on each other's company. They play endlessly together. It has been so much fun to have these girls so close in age. They are such good little friends. I'm hoping it stays that way! (Notice little Lucy's twirly skirt? Julie....have you visited Material Girls???? I need to get sewing....Kate is next!)

5 comments:

The Sieverts said...

Congrats Riley! I must send you something.. even if you don't know who i am! Aunt Cari!

The Smith Clan said...

What fun Debbie! I want to hear more about the "Nancy Drew Night"! You are so clever! Those little grandaughters are so adorable and did you make the cute skirt? Adorable!

Julie said...

Material Girls: Check
Material Cut: Check Check

On to sewing. . . I'm excited to show you!

Natalie said...

I love the shoes! We are going to have to give Nancy Drew a try here in our house!

Linda said...

Such a cute fun party...way to go grandma