Friday, June 12, 2009

Keeping Up

My blogging has taken a back seat to the hectic pace of life! I am not a "quickie" when it comes to keeping up the latest and greatest news. So I will skip the past and begin with yesterday....

I had a much needed "pool day" with the grand-kiddos. All of them got an invitation to come and swim with Nana for a couple of hours. Yes, they all showed up in time and their mamas made a dash for the door! A free two hours to take a deep breath with some of the gang gone.

Can I say that I have a lot of grandkids???? I had to request Kevin's services as co-pool lifeguard. I have 3 little swimmers that needed constant attention. Lucy and Drew are coming along with their swimming skills.....but still need a watchful eye. Once in a while they just can't make it to the side.... Their little heads are bobbing while they try and tread water to stay alive. On the other hand....Zack is simply a swimming maniac. He has no idea. He thinks he can do everything the other kids do. He's lucky to be alive. He leaves the safety of the "big step" thinking he will surely be able to survive. Jumps off the diving board....you gotta move fast!....takes a standing dive off the floating mat in the middle of the pool....decides to swim away while he is doing "monkeys" at the edge of the pool... jumps off the side of the pool while I am not looking (he always comes up smiling). I had to perform several life-saving attempts!

Kevin is the most popular playmate. He held a basketball shooting contest and roughed them up on the pool floats. They all plead for his attention!

Really....to watch all those kids at once is a feat! But can I say we had a marvelous time?? They are adorable and all of them are little "fish". There is nothing better than spending the day in a "warm" pool....gorgeous weather (for some reason it is not hot here yet...remarkable!) with my cute kiddos.


Lunch....McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, of course

4 comments:

Julie said...

They had so much fun! And they were so tired that night. I love that picture of Kev with Goose and Drew! How on Earth were you able to catch a photo op with all of Zack's saves?!?!?

Amy said...

Well I guess I should just be happy Zack came home alive! Thanks mom...he had a blast & I was the envy of the neighborhood when my friends found out you have grandkid swim days.

You win Nana of the year around here.

The Sieverts said...

You are such a fun Grandma! You deserve to put your feet up with a diet coke after a day like that! Alot of work. but fun!

Nicole said...

I have not seen your new pool...( I know... You've had it awhile) It looks like so much fun! All the little grandkids are so darling. looks like they have a blast with grandma!