Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sophie...She's One!

Yesterday Sophie turned one. I went to her birthday celebration last night. Little did she know she was showered with presents for a reason. It was her birthday! Poor little Sophie was over-stimulated with presents, sisterly attention, a Nana and a Mom snapping photos, ooooos and ahhhhhs, new toys that grabbed her attention and a new little baby doll that called "Mama". Added to this was the fact that she has begun to walk and we were all coaxing her to display this new found talent as well. It was quite a night for little Sophie!

On Friday I walked into Target and past a doll aisle. All of a sudden my motion caused all these little baby dolls on the shelf to call out "Mama". They were so darling! I thought Sophie needed one, of course! Well, it was a hit! She wouldn't let go of it after she opened it. Us meanies (meaning Ryan and myself) tried to take it out of her arms....we all laughed at her reaction! She tugged right back and let out a little whine!

She has her own little stroller to take her baby for a ride....I think Lucy will try to be a big help......(I think) Sophie's baby may come up missing!


I think Lucy is "trying out" for the "Mom" job!

Julie and Ryan gave Sophie a cute riding toy that has a number of little activities to excite her imagination. Actually it was darn cute! Evidently, Sophie has a thing for little doggies! Thus, the doggie cupcakes for dessert! Does this mean there is a dog in the Boyer future??? (I do not babysit doggies!)


I love little Soph's! She is a tiny thing. She takes after Riley...even looks like her. It is so sweet to see those four little girls at Ryan's house. He is definitely out-numbered.....but he is Sophie's favorite, so I hear. If ever you are holding her and Ryan comes into the room....you are toast! She loves her Daddy! Happy Birthday little Sophie!








5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Sophs! I have to say she has been one of my favorite babies thus far...not sure why, but she's just cute!

By the way...you've gone from Lucy to Sophie in birthdays...i think there is someone in between!!! You know? You're favorite. haha.

Debbie said...

Yes, Amy...I am well aware of that...let me catch up! My camera battery was missing at Zacks's birthday. I will make it up!

Julie said...

Amy. . . Ryan says since you did like five blog posts of Zacks bday on your own blog that it should count as Nana's too. Heehee.

Thanks for the baby doll. . . She's still guarding it!

Amy said...

Or maybe it's that Ryan is STILL her favorite so his kids get all the birthday posts?!? :) I'm starting to think Z's bday is going to fall into the Dad New York trip...where's the love.

Debbie said...

Ames...you're a geek! Dad is applauding you comment!