Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day with Bobby Flay You Say???

Lately...My hubby has been pouring over the little "surprise" cookbook I gave him for Father's Day in June...Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries and Shakes. Watching the "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and "Iron Chef." Actually, I tune in as well at times, it is quite entertaining!

Soooo today (Labor Day) he put his skills to the test and decided to barbeque a "Bobby Flay" burger for the whole family. Not just any burger, but the Blue Cheese and Bacon Burger. Now just so you know...I don't do burgers. I don't do beef as a general rule and neither does my daughter-in-law. So I bought my own little meal on the side to satisfy Julie and myself.

He meticulously went to the store with me this morning and bought all his ingredients, following all the suggestions from "Bobby," even the 85/15 hamburger blend! I went about my business, fixing the rest of the meal and leaving him to his "Bobbying." Well, yes, of course, we teased
him. He put to the test all the "right ways" to fix the Bobby Burger. We smiled. And he cooked on.

We all waited for the first bite. Blue Cheese and Bacon??? You might wonder what that tastes like. Julie and I consented to share a burger....just to be polite and not offend the cook! (However, we had our other meal on the side....cooked and ready to eat)

I have to give credit to our Bobby Boy. Our hamburgers were absolutely, incredibly, delicious! There I said it. I ate one. It was tasty. Blue Cheese and Bacon hmmmm Yummy. You did us proud! Feel free to comment....those of you who took a bite!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Those look delish! I love me a good burger!!! When is the next Bobby cook out??? I must be in attendance!!!

Julie said...

Yes, the panini on the side was the pre-meal choice but I will say that that was one good burger. In fact, I would have another. . .

Natalie said...

Those look tasty, although I wonder about blue cheese.....was it really THAT good?? You see, I have an issue with blue cheese, cuz it's blue for a reason ya know? It's oldy moldy cheese that has a tang to it. Not sure about that one...but tell Max I'd like to special order a bacon cheeseburger with avacado please!!

Debbie said...

Oh, you gotta give it a try Natalie. You would be suprised!

The Sieverts said...

Looks delicious! Pass on the secret recipe- Jess would love that!

Nicole said...

my mouth is watering just looking at it :)