Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All is well....and it ended well!


There is someone in this family that does not appreciate my attempt at blogness! For that matter....cuteness or craftiness is snubbed as well! What to do when you live with guys who only appreciate sweat and muscles! (hehehehe) Well, us women are OCCASIONALLY expected to tap our reserves and work without questions when our craftiness and creativity are needed quickly and precisely... NOW! Without advance notice or any kind of warning...I might add!

To get to the point??? My teenage son (name withheld for protection) walked in the door (talking at the same time) from school Monday afternoon, slammed the door, and said, "I have to ask this girl to Homecoming right now!" Right now you say???? Where is the time allotted for precise planning and thinking to ensure the cuteness factor? I cannot work under these conditions! (I am making myself laugh just posting this!!) The perfectionist in me started to quiver!

This calls for help from the surrogate mother (aka Amy).....yes, great minds think alike! And besides, she's a girl! We immediately responded to the call for quick, creative, the cutest, the best we could do on short notice, simple....but to the point, no time to really think, is it good enough, is it cute enough, is it a dumb idea, will she like it, will she go with me, this is nerve-racking, are we crazy?

Amy came up with the idea and "the son" added to it. "It would be "Chill" if you went to Homecoming with me!"

The teenager would not pose, of course!

Basically we loaded a big plastic round container with ice....distributed the letters of his name throughout and stuck this sign in the ice. We did try to freeze some big, blue ice cubes with the letters inside...... but you can't work miracles ya know? Hind sight tip......no ice when it is 113 degrees outside! Unfortunately, we had no time to take a picture of the finished product....but suffice it to say it was a cute, quick drop-off!

Last night at 10:00 p.m., the doorbell rang and this was nicely "thrown" on our front porch. Sonic ice comes in handy! I totally got a kick and a laugh out of it. One cute, clever girl with one great answer!


Happy Homecoming Date! My blogness will get an eye roll from the male population in this family! But consider it a trade off for my services! We had fun!

A side note.......The clever people in this family need more notice for the next one! An advance text from school would do!

4 comments:

Amy said...

So glad I had done my digging on Sunday night...at least we had an inkling! But yes, I agree...where was the text at noon, or whenever he decided it had to be that day??? I have 2 kids to work around ya know?

PS - Gracias to Lindsey for taking kid duty...it is a thankless job.

Julie said...

I need the full story. . . with names include. . . I mean, not Kev's name. . . I got that one figured out. Good work ladies.

Dallas and Krista said...

Oooh Debbie, you guys did such a great job. And I just can't get over her cute answer... I told amy I like this girl even though I don't know her simply because of her cute answering skills.

Have fun Kev!

Natalie said...

yes, you did good under short notice! I'm not ready for those days. Wait, didn't you already go through those days BEFORE? Hmmm....let's be a little more appreciative Misters K & M!!!!