Monday, February 18, 2008

Mom, Grandma, Great-Grandma Visits

Riley and Maddie with Great-Grandma Schaar

Great-Grandchildren....Riley, Emma, Kate, Maddie
Drew, Lucy and Zack

Emma, Kate and Drew with Great-Grandma Schaar

During the first week of February my mom and sister, Cari, decided to visit sunny Arizona. It has been so cold and snowy this year in Utah. Mom was dying to come down and spend some time in Arizona. She usually comes in the winter and stays for 2 or 3 months, but her health was giving her some problems and they had to cancel this year. She was disappointed! So my sister Cari talked her into coming down for a few days to shop and enjoy the sunshine. We had such a good time. My mom LOVES movies (so do I!) We managed to see our fair share.....27 Dresses (for sure a girl movie must see), The Bucket List (not my fave) and August Rush (definitely my favorite!) I usually save my movie going for Mom....either here in Arizona or when I visit Utah. We managed to get a pedicure and go to lunch everyday. Cari did the shopping thing (she made sure we did not tag along.....she wanted to be ALONE!) Cari has five kids, so this was "It's all about me" vacation time. We dropped her off at Scottsdale Fashion Square and she shopped all day....FUN

Saturday was the day for my mom to see the Grandkids and Great-grandkids! All of my kids and grandkids live in Arizona, so Grandma Schaar and Cari do not get to see them much. This was a fun day. We had lunch in the back yard. It was such a beautiful day. We fixed a fairly new recipe....pork tacos in the crock pot......so yummy!!!!! thanks to Amy girl!

The afternoon took a competitive turn....the grandkids started to have some fun races....three-legged, running, pillowcase jumps and whatever we made up. Of course, Kevin and Amy had to get involved. They are always in the middle of it. They challenged Cari and myself to a three-legged race. Kevin and Amy thought it would be no contest.....no way!....they went down as losers twice over....Hmmmmm not surprising! They know better than to challenge their mom! Losers!!!!!

0 comments: