Saturday, June 21, 2008

Flutter, Flutter, Flutterby


"Flutterby"

Another quilting trip has come to an end! I always have mixed emotions after one of these trips. First of all.....why am I the slowest at getting any project finished? I think I enjoy the process more than the finished product. I am now home with a quilt I still have to finish! Linda always comes out on top, meaning she has a finished quilt top. Mom, Kathy and I still have a few hours of sewing ahead of us. I am determined to finish! I can say I had such a great time visiting, eating (way too many M & M's) and sewing.

The Sewing Begins


The name of the quilt pattern we made was "Flutterby." Cute.....but way more involved than I first anticipated, or should I say more time-consuming. Making all those different diamonds got to be a little tedious! This was Mom's first time sitting down with us and actually making a quilt with us. I thought that was great! Finish up Mom!


While we were there we celebrated Kathy, Linda and my birthday. I am not often there to go to lunch with the fam, so it was extra fun. We all took a break from quilting and went to lunch at Market Street Grill. Everyone was there except Alice (we missed you Alice!). She was on a business trip in New York??? By the way it was freezing!!!! in June. I brought shorts! We had a great lunch....the prize goes to Shelley for ordering the huge onion rings! Thanks to everyone for the great birthday gifts!


Birthday Lunch at Market Street


Happy Birthday To Us!

How come Shelley is so skinny and can eat onion rings?

I have returned home sleepy.....sewing til midnight......a cramp in my right shoulder from using the rotary cutter.....irritated plantar fascitis from standing at my cutting board....a few more crow's feet around my eyes from squinting as I sew and carpal tunnel in my wrist from ironing all my diamond blocks. Are these quilting trips becoming a health hazard?????? I love 'em!!! Thanks Kathy for sewing on your birthday.....thanks Linda for all the great food and the house hospitality....thanks Cari and Shelley for coming to visit with me and thanks Mom for hanging in there with the quilt and the hotel accomodations. Until next time!

The Queen

1 comments:

Heidi said...

This looks so great! Are you going to share it with all of us? And when do we get our own version of "Quilt Heaven"???