Sunday, June 22, 2008

Runaway to Flagstaff

A Fun Vacation With Friends

Okay......it's 113 degrees.....I'm hot......my husband and son are in Lake Powell.....what am I doing in Mesa in this kind of weather? I'm lucky that I have a friend with a cabin in Flagstaff! This was the perfect time to visit. With encouragement from my friend, Michelle, (who's husband and son were also gone vacationing) we packed our bags for a visit to see Valerie in Flagstaff.

Does anyone want this cabin?

Valerie had invited us up several times and we decided to take her up on her invitation. Michelle and I drove up on Thursday night with everything we needed to sew on in the cool weather. Do we ever think about anything else but quilts? After visiting Valerie....I want to think about buying a cabin!!!! Too bad I don't have the money! The Randalls have a beautiful cabin in Flagstaff at Pine Canyon. The perfect retreat in the mountains to relax and escape the heat.





Yep.....I finally finished!

We had a fabulous time enjoying the cooler weather and sewing on our quilts. It was just the three of us for a couple of days.......soooo relaxing! It was worth the trip! We stayed until Saturday afternoon. Valerie was so nice to let us come up and take advantage of her beautiful surroundings. Such a nice break from the heat and the daily routine!


4 comments:

Karen said...

Debbie,
You should come further north and visit us in Provo. Your family has sure grown. On Mark's dresser is a picture of Ryan and his other Teachers on a river trip. We are still in touch with the Crocketts too. He was saying that Ryan is now the same age he was when he was their leader. Where has the time gone?

Julie said...

Ummm...if Val is ever looking for someone to "look after the place" you know where to find me. :)

Heidi said...

I actually called you last week to see if anyone was going up there. You weren't home. Hmmm... glad you had a good time. I'm just sewing like crazy at home!

Michelle said...

I want to go back!!!! It was fun and soooo relaxing.