Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference Weekend...October 2008

General Conference weekend has to be one of my favorites. Twice a year we get to relax and listen to some pretty inspiring talks from the Prophet and General Authorities of the Church. This weekend was no different. Conference was inspiring and as usual it always gives me a lift. I love to listen to the General Authorities....I have my favorites. Elder Oakes, Holland and Bednar always have a little place in my heart. For some reason their talks always speak to me. We are really blessed to have a living Prophet to lead and guide us....helping us know the things that we should be doing. Our church is wonderful in that it encourages family togetherness and a love for our Savior.

Speaking of family.....our family is always together on Conference weekend. On Saturday night the girls get together with the kids and drum up some kind of food and activity. This weekend was no different. We had dinner and then I let the kids make shakes with their favorite mix-in! Yummmm it was tasty!





This is a great time of year for us because the weather has taken a turn. Ohhhh I can't tell you how great it is. There is a tiny hint of fall. Halloween decor is up, the lawn has been re-seeded (we plant winter lawn every year...it is a chore!) and flowers are perking up. The kids play outside and the nights are cool....Hmmmmm Arizona in the fall and winter is fabulous!

We have a bundle of little grandkids Wow,
when we get together it is loud, crazy, fun and challenging! Not to mention that we have two more on the way. I just love, love those little grandkids. They each have their own little personalities. When the Fam gets together the little girls always want to put on a little program....it consists of hmmmmmm, dancing and giggling.

On Sunday afternoon we all get together after the morning session of Conference for lunch and a visit. This year we tried Tortilla Soup and Julie's yummy cornbread! The best for this fall weather.

My four oldest little granddaughters are best, best friends. While afternoon Conference was on, they were on the back patio visiting and coloring. I snuck out and took some pictures. They all love to pose...with their Webkins, of course.





The cutest grandkids ever!

A little movie break in Nana's bed

After conference we had a little time to play, relax and visit. The newest thing is the jump rope. The girls love to take turns...Cinderella dressed in yellow, went upstairs to kiss a fella. Made a mistake and kissed a snake...how many doctors did it take??? Then came the contest..how many jumps without missing. We all had to count. Remember those jump rope rhymes? Those kiddos are a blast!


The little ones make their own fun

Just a little side note....Julie was slimed by Sophie. It was certainly camera-worthy. Nothing like a little spit-up for a little flavor. Sophie is famous for the spits.

What can be better than spending time with family? I love and adore my little family. My kids are wonderful parents, they married incredible spouses, they are outstanding examples and have strong testimonies. I am so proud of everything they do....I love you all!

Just a few little pictures......




2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for a fun weekend with great company. We love spending time together too!!

(The spit-up picture does not do justice to the horror I was feeling before someone could get me something to wipe with!!!)

Linda said...

very cute post!! I love conference it lends itself to some great family time!! You do have a darling family!