Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Happenings


Can I just say I LOVE Halloween!! Who know why it is my favorite Holiday. Maybe it is because the weather cools down and we can actually go outside and enjoy the weather, plant flowers, mow the lawn, breathe fresh air, wear jeans, and leave our windows open! We're all excited around here.

When my kids were young I decided that I would make all their Halloween costumes. It was fun for me to make a new costume for them every year. So now I have a "Stash" of Halloween costumes that have some pretty fun memories attached to them. The reason I mention this is I have now created two "Monsters".........meaning my girls. They have been busy, busy sewing costumes for their kids for Halloween. As the day approaches it is a mad rush to get all the costumes finished. Amy was making a clown costume for Zack and Lindsey was making two different Gypsy costumes for Emma and Kate. I think time ran out on little Drew........he will get to wear one of Kevin's costumes I made for him years ago. Hey! he's lucky!

Lindsey was a little desperate this weekend to finish her costumes early for "Trunk or Treat" this last Saturday.......sooooooo Mom pitched in. We had a "Late Night Sewing Frenzy!" My eyes were blurry by the time we finished. I will be voting for the costumes next year!!!!!

Sewing Up A Storm

We missed Julie, but her Dad was in town......we know you have your costumes done!! She is always on the ball with those four little girls. Can't wait to see them all dressed up! I am not sure what they have decided to dress up as........we will be surprised! Those little girls are the sweetest!

Actually, all the costumes turned out DARLING! Halloween is the funnest night of the year. Can't wait to see all the grandkids dressed up!

We had a little Halloween preview today......Halloween sugar cookies.....Yummmm they are my favorite. Everyone joined in and had a little taste!


Zack had the first bite!



5 comments:

Julie said...

Ummmm. . . I stayed up late three nights this week getting the costumes done before Trunk of Treat on Saturday. And I only sewed two costumes. But I wasn't even able to start them until 9:00 at night. . .and due to enrichment I wasn't able to even get to them until this week. So I had my own party loning it. . . One night I was up until 5:00 AM!

I think I'm still in a tired zombie stage. . . maybe that's what I should be for Halloween.

The Sieverts said...

Amy give that kid more sugar!

Linda said...

A late night sewing party sounds fun!! Can't wait for all the Halloween parades and fun!! Be sure and post all the fun costumes I'm sure they all will be up to your mom standards.

Natalie said...

You Boyers have inspired me to enjoy Halloween more! I never liked it much...but I'm starting to now.

Looks like you've had fun!

The Smith Clan said...

So fun Debbie! I love Halloween too!