Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just A Little Quilt Talk

Another anticipated trip is over! I traveled to Utah to quilt with my mom and sisters. These are always so much fun. Linda, my younger sister, usually hosts the get-together with good food and good company. Linda and I chose the same quilt to work on. Mom, Cari and Kathy had other projects they were trying to finish. Here are a few little snippets and memories of a little quilt getaway!

The First Completed Square!

We chose to do a quilt from the fabric collection "Cotton Blossoms"

A trip to "Material Girls" is a must! It is absolutely my Fav!

Mom is an up-and-coming Quilter! She has caught the "Bug" and has made some darling quilts.

Out to Lunch with the Gals!

Well on my way....but way behind Linda...Hmmmm I can't seem to concentrate!

Time-out to visit with Kendall-Sue and the kiddos! Kneaders is the best for lunch!

Maddie in a quilt store??? Who would have thought? I know she loved it!

Oh Yeah....I forgot....It snowed!

Well here is a little sneak peak of the finished project. Not mine! But my sister's.....of course she finished! For some reason I love to prolong the agony of a finished quilt...in fact, I am know for it among my fellow quilters.....I may have to make some changes to make it my own! hmmm we'll see...........

Prairie Blossoms

Thanks to Linda and the rest of the Fam for a fun time together. I always look forward to these times together. We are gathering quite a little quilt collection.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I've been waiting to see what you worked on. Fun pattern. How wonderful to have that time together! And you will have cute things to show at quilt group!

Natalie said...

I've been dying to see your project. I really like the quilt you and your sis made. So fun!

My quilt is coming along. All three mitten squares are done, and everything for the snowman and snowman hat are cut and ready to be sewn. A trip to Utah got in the way...then a few days of prego yuckies. I'm hoping to kick my butt in gear tonight!

Thanks for your help! Talk soon-Nat

Shelley said...

The quilts look like alot of fun. Make me one when you get a moment. You freak!

Linda said...

I took my quilts back from Karen...YIKES! I am anxiously awaiting your finished quilt! Off to my cabin for a few days to quilt!