Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kev-Dawg (1)---Josh "Mad Dog" Taylor (0)

Kevin started his wrestling season last night for Mountain View High School.
Okay, I am trying to like wrestling.....I grew up with 5 girls you know! It is such a guy thing. I let Max deal with all the sweaty stuff! On the positive side....Kevin has worked ever so hard to get into shape to wrestle in his weight class, 103. Up at 5:15 a.m. three mornings a week to run for an hour and then strength and conditioning for 2 hours at the end of each day. He has to work out everyday, except Sunday. His body is definitely showing the results of a hard workout....He is pretty buffed!

Before a match they have to weigh-in. Kevin has to weigh a certain amount to qualify to wrestle his opponent for a match. This is stressful. This time Kevin was a couple of pounds over-weight which meant extra exercise and calorie cut-back. I know he was miserable. He tried hard for two days to lose 2-3 pounds so he could make the weigh-in. Ohhhh I was so glad when he called and said he made it!

Okay....you had better be a pretty good wrestler if your name is listed on the program as Josh "Mad Dog" Taylor...really. He just didn't know he was up against Kev-Dawg! I was nervous as the match started. Kevin has had some pretty good training from and Olympic Wrestler and has become quite good at "take-downs." Points for him. In the second period Kevin pinned his opponent. Yes, I was screaming! I could like this sport......as long as he wins! Way to go Kev. Good Job.

0 comments: