Friday, November 7, 2008

The Little Man Of The House

Bliss....! I just walked outside to cool, clear weather with a flat full of flowers to plant. This is what I live for....and yes, I am very picky. My neighbors are ever watchful, wondering when my flower beds and pots will be planted! I've had a couple of nudges, comments yelled across the street, and neighborly queries as to "When The Heck Are You Going To Be Finished!" Just like anything I do.....I take my time and enjoy the process. Secretly, I am wondering if I have a flaw in my personality....which is that I take too long to accomplish particular tasks and projects! I just love to stand back and LOOK!

To my rescue comes my little helper this year...the "Z" Man. He is right by my side, trying to "Dig" as I am trying to "Plant." Sometimes those two things do not go hand in hand! However, he seems to be the only one "Helping." Thus, he is crowned "The Little Man Of The House." Along with his title comes destruction with a shovel in his hand.....always curious when dirt is present and Oh....so willing to help! Who can turn him down? Kisses Zack!

Just in case you don't know....This is why we live in Arizona! I now have green grass and the promise of some flowers that will bloom......in the winter!

4 comments:

The Sieverts said...

I'm soooo jealous!

Amy said...

Hey! I've planted at least a dozen of those flowers! And re-planted several that Zack has "picked" from their homes!!!

Natalie said...

I can only wish I was more of a planter. I seem to neglect any flower or plant I own.

So sad about the election, but luckily we all stay on the same path! Our focus doesn't change, our faith won't waiver. But I can't help but feel a bit of "this is the beginning of the end."

Okay, you go canning girl! I love it! Anth and I are almost done with our 3 month supply, yet we went about it a totally different way. (we'll have to chat about that later) But I still love all the canning...I totally want to get into it more!

By the way, I'm dying to bind a quilt! Hmmm....I wonder how much longer? Thanks for all of your help Debbie!

Julie said...

I too LOVE the flowers although I don't have the nice big flower beds you do. I think my favorite thing is the way it looks with nice, fresh cut green lawn next to bright blooming flowers---Beeeeeeeautiful!

P.S. Ryan is very proud of himself because this year our winter lawn actually (finally) looks good. . . really good I might add. He's waiting for compliments. :)