Friday, January 9, 2009

Sewing 101

Sunday Night Emma called me and said, "Nana, can you help me sew on my new sewing machine?" Ohhhhh, how can I resist? I don't have to explain how much I love to sew (really.....only my quilting thing!) I must have a granddaughter who learns to sew and love it!!! Julie's little girls have a sewing machine as well. It is likely I will have one little granddaughter I can bestow this talent on!

Lindsey gave her girls a new little Singer sewing machine for Christmas. She informed me that I would be responsible for teaching them how to sew! So begins Sewing 101. Emma and Kate were so excited to start they could hardly stand to listen. I let them practice on some little squares to get the hang of it. Emma picked up on it really fast with a little practice. Kate was excited, but lost interest after a few minutes of waiting her turn.

At the end of the hour Emma had finished a row of scrappy squares I gave her to practice on and was so proud of herself. She said, "When are we doing this again?"........"Next Monday I am coming over!"


Lindsey gave Emma a little quilt pattern and some fabric for Christmas. That is the real project!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Debbie, those aprons you made for the girls were so darn cute! loved them! I would love to make one for Kate, she loves to help me in the kitchen. It is her favorite thing to do. Is it a hard pattern, where did you find those cute buttons?

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

What lucky little girls to learn from the very best!!
I know there will be a lesson on PINNING soon!*smile*

The Sieverts said...

So thats what you do with all your extra time!