Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hey...Wait....Time Got Away From Me

I have to go back! I missed all of December, but I will excuse myself because, hey....Christmas ya know? So ahead are experiences and thoughts I can't put aside.

I always think I am more prepared than I am. Christmas is such a RUSH! I always want things to be perfect and that always means more work. But first things first.......We had a few things on our schedule this year. One of the best being my Mom's 80th birthday celebration. Yes, I am one of that last to record this, but it was a highlight.

As sisters (all six of us!) we planned an 80th birthday celebration for my Mom. Of course it was in Utah!!!!!!!! Travel. We made the Trek. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Yes, it was cold and miserable, but we had a fun party to look forward to. Ryan and Lindsey were able to come with us which made it extra-special. Time together!


Snow and Cold

The Arizona Boy...Is this for real????? Ryan slept in his coat!

The Highlight....I made Max and Ryan go to the quilt store with me..... he he he he.....they loved it!   (not really)

We planned the Open House right on my Mom's 80th Birthday. It turned out so well. Lots of friends and family attended and I know my Mom loved every moment. We had the event at my sister, Kathy's home, which is always beautiful. Each one of us had our assignment to fulfill to make sure the party came off without a hitch. The pictures say it all!


Six Daughters






We gave Mom a book with written memories from all of us


Love ya Mom!

On Monday, December 22nd, we had our annual family "Polar Express" dinner and movie. Yes, this is for the Kids! They love to come in their jammies, bring their sleeping bags and eat popcorn
in front of the movie. Really....it is so much fun. Polar Express is always a good one to watch over and over......at least for me......I am a movie lover!




This year we had to exchange some gifts as well. Two of my children and their families had other plans this Christmas and would not be available on Christmas Day. This was a fun occasion to spend some time together and watch the Grandkids enjoy the gift-giving. Paper was flying everywhere and we had a little Christmas Cheer a few days early! We enjoyed having Julie's family here to spend this night with us!





Christmas Eve was a little different this year. We were smaller in number . I don't know how I feel about that! You always want to have everyone around.....but I can say I am willing to share. We are so fortunate to have our kids live close. We usually have them here. This year Lindsey and her family spent Christmas Eve with us. We were small in number, but had fun together!

Christmas Eve included searching some last minute items for Santa, bowling, lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, preparing Christmas Eve dinner, a nativity photo shoot and a yummy Christmas Eve Dinner. To top it off we read the Christmas story from the scriptures.


This year I did things a little different. I let Emma and Kate be in charge of decorating and setting the table for Christmas Eve dinner. FUN! We made snowflakes....and yes, everybody had to participate! We all had a go at making our own snowflakes to add to the decor. Some were better than others!




My neighbor had a big nativity stable set up in his yard. We dressed up the grandkids and took them over for pictures. It was really fun. Lindsey got some sweet pictures of her kids dressed up as Mary, shepherds and an angel. We had some onlookers who enjoyed the whole process!




Christmas came and went quickly! Well....what can I say. Christmas is for kids and we only have one left! Amy and Scot left for San Diego which left Kevin to himself. I need more kids! I don't know how Kevin felt about that......It's hard to be the last one home....stuck with Mom and Dad! Oh.....Kevvvy! All I can say is that he didn't sleep in! He was up earlier than I thought he would be! I don' think he would admit that.



Christmas Day was fun and relaxing. It rained. We spent time with Lindsey, Ryan and the Grandkids. Emma, Kate and Drew were so much fun. Kevin enjoyed the extra company. Yes, we ate too much, watched the Suns LOSE to the Spurs at the last minute (why does that always happen?), went to a movie, played some games and ate some more!

Score....Kev has new wrestling shoes

I think the aprons were a hit?


Emma tested her cooking abilities on Christmas Night





I'm always happy when Christmas Day arrives because that means no more RUSHING....just RELAXING! Merry Day!

1 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun day!! The aprons are adorable I love the buttons! The rush is over its time for us to play with our toys.....time for another sewing project...you game?