Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Birthday For Maddie

She's Six! Better late than never.....it is pretty much the theme of my "Life." Maddie's birthday was on the 10th of this month. She had an extra fun day because school was out that day and she had the whole day to celebrate! A little lunch with Mom and Dad, time with Nana, then bowling with the Family.

I had a few hours to spend with her on her birthday. We went and did a little shopping for some "new shoes." Every year I try and think of something different to do for my grandkids. This year I am letting them each pick out a new pair of shoes. (Wouldn't ya know I didn't take a picture of them...and I even had my camera in my purse!) But just for your info....she chose a cute pair!

We stopped by Paradise Bakery for some chocolate chip cookies to eat as we strolled the mall. Maddie is a sweet little thing....a little shy and soft spoken in the company of Nana and Kev. She is always full of fun, smiling, with tons of energy. Her blue eyes are my FAVORITE thing! Second, are her little freckles on her nose. Ohhhh to be young again! And by the way...she has the best hair in the family....a perfect FLIP! On a personal note....I have noticed that she is always helpful and loving with her sisters. It will be fun to watch all these little girls grow up together.

Blue Eyes and Freckles......

A few days ago I was able to attend a little program at her school, "Way Out West." It was so well done and Maddie was definitely spunky! Singing and doing her part so well. I know I had a smile on my face the whole time I was watching. All the first grade teachers did an outstanding job on this little program. I love to watch my little kiddos perform!



Happy Birthday Maddie! Hugs, Kisses and Loves!


2 comments:

Julie said...

What a sweet post. Yeah, Maddie's hair pretty much rocks, but she hasn't realized how good she has it. Instead she just fights me over how to style it everyday. Thanks for the fun shoe shopping trip--she's worn them everyday this week to school.

Amy said...

Is it Maddie's birthday already?!? Man, I feel like someone got skipped & so Maddie's birthday must have snuck up on me!

Happy Birthday Mads!!!