Sunday, April 26, 2009

How Sweet Is That?


Sweet Success! We had a baby shower for Amy and her new "Little Sissy" on Thursday night at my home, in my backyard, with beautiful weather, serving an abundance of "sweets", attended by sweet friends and family.

(I bleeped out my address! Hehehehe)

Advance preparation is a Must! Does it show? No time to shower today!

Here's the real deal....it was ALOT of work!!! I'm getting too old for these things! But certainly I can say I had a great time putting it on. Lindsey, Julie, Heidi (my sweet neighbor) & Carrie (Amy's sweet friend) Marae (a sweet quilt friend) all came together to assist for a fun night of food and friends!

Here's the evening in pictures....with a little comment here and there!

While surfing the internet, I ran across a little tutorial on diaper cakes. For some reason I felt up to the challenge. I gotta say it was kind of fun to make this little goodie. We used it for a centerpiece.


By the way.....these are the BEST fruit cream puffs....ever! Not a one left!
Thanks Heidi!

YUMMY TREATS!




When it was all said and done......We put together a pretty "sweet" table!

The outdoor "Ambiance" was Delightful! The evening was absolutely beautiful! Ahhhhhh I can't say enough about that. Just a side note: I Love My Backyard!!!

Amy's High School Friends

Carrie (my across-the-street neighbor and Amy's friend) is so darling! She made the invitations and surprised Amy with this little tutu that she made herself. Cuteness!



This deserves a mention. These are all Amy's High School Friends....and they are all expecting within weeks of each other.

Amy just moved into a new neighborhood in January. All of these fun friends live on her same street! Now really....who could ask for better neighbors. They are all darling...and young!

Thanks goes out to my family for sending a "financial donation" to help pull this party off! It was a BIG help!

We had so much fun putting together this little party for Amy before she has her "sweet" new little girl. She's coming quickly.....this Thursday. I can't wait to see the new Gregory addition. Good luck Amy!

We Love You!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks mom! It was a sweet success & such a fun night. I have to say the weather was perfect as well everything else...which is no surprise.

Julie said...

I love doing the showers. I wish I was at a time in my life when I could do more. . . Kev's future wife's bridal shower. . . I'll be ready!