Monday, September 15, 2008

Come Quilt With Me!

Today was our Anniversary Quilt Day! Our quilt group has been together for four years...we have such a great time together. We met today at Heidi's home for a fabulous time, a delicious lunch, and a few hours of sewing. Heidi always goes over the top to make sure our time is well spent. So it is time for a little quilt talk!

The long summer days produced many quilt projects. This post is full of some incredible quilts made by some talented quilters. If you would like to see, read on........Unfortunately, my finished quilts are up in Utah waiting to be quilted! I feel left out! But they have been shown in previous posts! Anyway, we have so much fun oooooooing and ahhhhhhhhing over each other's projects! So here comes the quilt show!

Carol finished this cutest Christmas Quilt.
The quilting on it is
incredible!

Kim made this in about 2 days.
It is for the former YW President in
her ward. Kim is the new Young Women's
President.....woop! woop!


These two are always up to something! These are their
Christmas Gifts
for friends. They are sooooo cute!

This has to be one of my favorite quilts ever!
Michelle is a fabulous quilter.

Michelle did this quilt so fast. She got the pattern at the
Long Beach Quilt Show this summer. When you wash
it the squares fray!

I think Michelle should give it to you Kim!

Andie just got this quilted...it is a really cute pattern

Okay, I am really jealous here!
This is a Houston project that a few
of us took on. It is a technique called
square in a square. It is hard
to learn and remember. We all spent some
time and money on this. Elaine and Michelle
finished....what about the rest of us?

Debbie did this for her daughter that is
getting married in two weeks. She always
makes them a Log Cabin Quilt...Cute!

Debbie is giving this quilt to the same
daughter for her wedding....What
can I say? Her girls are so dang
spoiled!!!!!

Heidi made this quilt to practice her Applique.
It honestly turned out soooo cute. The colors are so great!

We all come for the food!

As a quilt group we usually come up with a fun project to do together. This year we decided we would pick a quilt pattern and then we would individually choose our own fabric to complete the quilt. In March we will bring our completed quilt to our monthly meeting and show it. It will be fun to see what different fabric was chosen for the same quilt. This is the quilt we have chosen. It is on the cover of McCall's Quilt Magazine. It is an "American Jane" pattern. Check out their website!


Finally, Heidi gave all of us the cutest gift. Her daughter, Beth, creates designs for wall boards. She designed this one for us. We all thought it fit perfectly! There is nothing better than sitting down at your sewing machine and knowing you have two or three hours ahead of blissful sewing! Undisturbed, of course!!!! (A cold Diet Coke is a must!)


10 comments:

Amy said...

Quilters from HALE! You should go on tour!!!

I really need to learn to quilt or you need to start giving me some of yours...i'd better start learning, right?

Heidi said...

Okay, you did a beautiful job covering everything yesterday. Can we just put "go here" on our Stash Talk??

{B}dreamy said...

I'm glad you all had fun! My mom sure does know how to through a party ;) And I'm glad the boards turned out! I just design them, but I never get to see what they look like... *B

Emily said...

that is way too many beautiful quilts! WOW! hey, email me at emilyredd1@mac.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog. my mom said you wanted an invite...i thought I sent you one but I'll send you another. great projects, love the quilts....or maybe you should just make your favorite niece one.

Natalie said...

stop debbie, stop! I can't take the jealousy anymore! For real....all I've wanted to do is make my dang Christmas quilt, and I still haven't gotten to it. Maybe if you keep posting quilt stuff, I'll get determined enough to drop life and get started on the "oh so important" project!

Way cute quilts! And the quote at the end is a keeper!

Linda said...

Some adorable quilts.....I love michelle's great pattern and fabrics. Makes me want to sit for hours and sew all I need is more time. I'm anxiously awaiting Oct. sewing time

The Smith Clan said...

What cute pics Debbie! It was such a fun day! Heidi we loved all your fun and hard work in our behalf!! Except, Debbie J. we missed you!

Andie said...

Debbie, thanks for posting the pictures and the summary of our quilt day. I am going to refer my friends that hit my blog to go to your site. Great job!! Andie

Michelle said...

You should write for a quilt newspaper. You are just JANE REPORTER! I love reading your blog and feel honored to be on it. It was a really fun day and I don't know what I was doing with all my free time before I joined the group. Now, go yearbook yourself.

The Sieverts said...

Deb- fun and cute quilts. gosh thats alot. i hope i can quilt a few hours with you when you come in October.