Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thumbs Up for Marriage!

Tonight I did my duty!  I spent two hours as a volunteer at a phone bank calling voters on behalf of Proposition 102...(Yes for Marriage)!  This Proposition will be on our ballot in November in the State of Arizona.   I feel a duty to actively participate in efforts to help pass this Proposition to preserve marriage between a man and a woman in our State.


The Proposition states:  "Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state"  

Tonight it was quite interesting to talk to different people and make them aware of this Proposition coming up for a vote. Most of them were very patient and listened to information and were willing to say "yes" or "no" on their voting intentions.  The phone calls were not made to convince people....just to determine the support for this Proposition.  If this Proposition does not pass our Constitution will be amended and then what?????????  A lot of things will change.....and not for the better!

Just for the record.....It is extremely important that this Proposition passes.  I want my children and grandchildren to value the commitment of marriage between a man and a woman, to create families together and keep the Divine Institution of Marriage safe and sound.  

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so impressed you are doing something about this. I only TALK about my opinion but I can't put any of my actions or money behind it. Afterall, I can't even keep up with my laundry. . .

Linda said...

That is a huge concern! Were most people for or against? It is not often I give my time to political issues. Way to go!

Michelle said...

You Go Girl!