Sunday, May 4, 2008

California Dreamin' 2008

Every year my oldest sister, Kathy, invites all my sisters to stay for a week in her condo in Coronado. It is the best trip! It is total relaxation....sleeping, reading, shopping, shopping, and eating! We have so much fun together. This year not everyone came. In fact, my niece, Katie, decided to take off work and join us this year. Linda, Katie, Kathy and myself were the only ones that could come this year.


Even though we were small in number we had a great time. First of all the weather was unbelievably good. The condo is right on the beach so you have the best of both worlds. You can hear the waves from the windows and the scenery is beautiful!

Every year we all claim to have no money to spend....(I really don't!) We really do some damage when we set out to shop. Kathy is the shopping queen! She always has to mail her packages home because she has too much to put into her suitcase. Our weakness is the shoe department at Nordstroms. I don't even know the shoe count this year. I know last year I came home with 8 pairs of new shoes......among other things.


We always take time to eat at the Hotel Del in Coronado. Yum.....the food and atmosphere are the best. This year we ate outside because the weather was so beautiful.


Our favorite shopping things this year......
* Betsey Johnson jewelry.....we all got a necklace
* Brighton Jewelry......yes, we all got a piece (or two)
* Silver Shoes......for some reason it was the thing to buy
* Flip Flops.....it is the thing to wear in the summer (we all bought BCBGirls)
* Kippy's.....way expensive, but to die for belts!
* Clothes of course!


Our favorite food stops.....
* La Salsa.....it is fast because we spend too much time shopping!
* Panera Bread.....new this year! So yummy!

The worst thing this year....
* An overnight hospital stay for me! Something weird happened...who knows! Couldn't wait to
get out to finish my shopping!

This yearly trip is a really fun time to visit and spend time with my sisters. We don't get to do that often enough. I have already started to stash my shopping money away for next year! Thanks Kathy for a fun week!


1 comments:

Emily said...

oh, that looks like so much fun! I am saving my money so I can come next year. I will have to start looking for a babysitter right now! It looks like a total blast though! I love Coronado! p.s. did you get my info about the family website??? schaarwitsend.blogspot.com
send me your email address so I can invite you to be an author. I also need all your kids addresses so they can be authors. I only have amy and lindsey's email. so i need kevin's and julie's