Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moment's I've Missed

I am new at this blogging thing! There is so much I want to write about, but I never seem to have enough time and I am kinda lame on the computer. (I need Amy around to tutor me) So this will probably be a continuing post.....Moments I've Missed. At least I can go back and account for some of the things that have happened and write them down. This month I missed some really important stuff! So here it is.......

Sophie's Blessing and Ryan's Birthday


I should blog about these separately, except they were on the same day, which was kinda special.

A lot of Julie's family came into town for Sophie's blessing. Her mom and step-dad, her brother, Derek and family and also her father and step-mom. All of our family came as well, so we were quite a crowd!

It is always a special day when we can hear the blessing of a grandchild. Ryan did an amazing job, as usual. This is his fourth little girl and a beautiful one. Sophie's middle name, "Raine" came from my great-grandfather, Alexander Raine Curtis. Ryan blessed her to be a leader and an example, to be pure and listen to the Spirit. I wrote the blessing down for Julie, and don't have it in front of me to refer to, but Ryan gave her some wonderful blessings. I am sure she will grow up to be a beautiful young woman. She is so sweet! It turned out to be a wonderful day.


In the evening we went over to Julie's to celebrate Ryan's 31st birthday. Ohhhh, it is hard for me to imagine I have a child that old! It was a perfect May evening to be outside. All the kids played and the adults visited. Kevin was asking for a beat-down and Ryan obliged! Kevin isn't quite ready to take Ryan on.....!




Ryan has been the greatest son. It is amazing to sit back and watch him raise a family. I think he is much more together than we were....he keeps those little girls of his in line. They all love their dad.

Growing up Ryan was always fun to have around.....always did well in everything he attempted. He was small for his age...which was a challenge. My girls will say (and still do to this day) that Ryan was my favorite. That makes me smile.....I did adore him....I wasn't use to having any boys around since I came from a family of 6 girls! That was probably one reason Ryan was always special. Don't know why, but I thought he was the greatest!

He hasn't disappointed me still. He is a great husband and father. He always does what is right and expects us all to do the same. He's a great example.....he takes his church calling seriously. He is the Elder's Quorum President and I know he is the best! It seems like he is always visiting! Hmmmmm I could say he is like his Father....! Ryan has his fun, crazy side too. He's kinda funny. He can make up insane dances and act like they are so cool and is always up for water basketball and crazy games. Yeah....he is kinda funny. We love you Ry!

Happy Birthday Ry....(Amy, nice picture)


Kate and Maddie's Pre-School Graduations

Yep...these little ones are moving onto kindergarten! I always love to go to these fun programs. These little girls are so dang cute. I know they both loved their pre-school time.

Kate saying the Pledge of Allegience

Kate had her program at her teacher's home. She had quite a few boys and girls in her class. They sang some songs together and then her teacher did a little presentation. They had practiced and learned in class what it meant to be kind. They gave each other compliments and the teacher wrote them down. I smiled when she read Kate's compliments from the other kids.

*She is very good at playing games
*She has the cutest skirts and dresses
*She is good at riding a two-wheeler

Kate's compliments were kind of different from everyone else's.....they described her perfectly. She is so sweet! Love that smile. Next stop kindergarten!

"The Pre-School Graduate"

Maddie had her graduation at a Church building. She had alot of kids in her pre-school. Her teacher was very cute. She got emotional when she started talking about her little class. All the kids walked out with little black graduation hats on. It was so so cute!

Her class also sang some songs that they liked and then the teacher presented them with their graduation certificates. Maddie was so darling. She was sitting up on her chair being so prim and proper.....holding her legs just so.....sometimes crossing them so modestly with her hands in her lap. Julie and I got a kick out of it. At the end of the program they all tossed their hats up in the air. Way to go Maddie....look forward to kindergarten. Love those blue eyes!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Maddie and Kate. . . those two will rock the kindergarten world!!!

Grandma said...

I love being kept up on your family and the grandkids! I loved little Sophie's dress for the blessing. I love you all!