Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Kev-Dog

Kevy....Kev-Dog.....Kevster.....Happy Birthday! Today Kevin is 15 years old! He kind of looks it too. That has not always been the case with my kids. For some reason Kevin has grown like crazy the last few months. That's a good thing in our family.


Yesterday morning at 8:00 a.m., while doing yard work.....Amy and I decided it would be fun to throw together an impromptu surprise party for Kevin. I swore I wasn't going to do anything this year. But.....the weather has been so gorgeous and our pool is heated soooooo we took it on.

Wondering how we pulled it together so fast? We walked over to our next door neighbor's house and talked to her 15-year old daughter (Kevin's friend, Emily) and asked her to text a few friends. At 8:30 last night I had a ton of kids over here I didn't even know. The beauty of texting!!! Anyway, we had such a fun time. Pizza, drinks, snacks a fire and a little music.

Now, for a few comments about Kev..............
He has been such a fun kid to have around. Unfortunately, he is the youngest so he has to take alot of grief from the older ones.....but he kinda lives in his own world, since he doesn't have a sibling to pick on. We all keep him in his place. He is a pretty sensitive and obedient child...most of the time. I don't have any complaints. He is patient when he has to listen to my corrections or concerns. Amy and I watch him like a hawk.....friends and all.

I think his favorite birthday present this year is from his Dad. Old Dad finally caved in and let him have texting on his phone. That was a tough one for Max. But Kevin waited patiently until he gave in. I have to hand it to Kev....he really didn't give us too much grief about it. He was pretty much the last one of his friends to have texting.


Kevin has done alot of new things this year...He ran track and wrestled for Stapley Junior High. I think he has decided to try and perfect his wrestling skills. He is being coached at ASU twice a week so that he can possibly make Mountain View High School wrestling team. Hmmmm don't know how I really feel about that! He has started to take guitar lessons. He got a new guitar for Christmas and is doing pretty well on the lessons. They never practice enough. The thing he most loves to do is play basketball....on the court or in the water!


I hate to see Kevin get much older. I love having him at home. He starts High School in the fall and that will be something to live through. But generally he has great friends and we love them all. We especially love the fact that Kev is our caboose! Happy birthday Kev.....we love you!

0 comments: