Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Amy


Well it is another Boyer birthday! The last but not the least. Amy (aka Jarv, Jarvis, The Jarvinator) turns 26 years old today. Amy is so petite, wears a size 12 (kids) and looks like she is 15. She is often mistaken for Zack's sibling instead of his mother!


The thing I admire most about Amy is her motherly skills. She is an extraordinary Mom. I have never heard her complain or raise her voice at Zack. She is constant and ongoing every single day as she takes care of Zack's every need. Zack is a lucky little guy and Amy adores him. She is devoted! She never trys to hand off the duty even though it would be convenient because she lives with me. Yes, that is appreciated, although I love to spoil Zack.

Amy is always happy and talkative. We all know she cannot just give the Reader's Digest version of anything. When you start a conversation with Amy, you are in for the long haul (he he he) She will talk, give her opinion whether you want it or not and then re-tell the whole situation. There is no loss of words when she is around. She always kind of giggles when she talks....it's nice to live with a happy person.


Amy is Kevin's second mom. Kevin probably won't admit it (maybe he will) but he loves having Amy and Scot live here. It adds a little drama and company to this dull household with just mom and dad always around. Kevin's friends love Amy and she loves to get into his business.
Amy is always in the middle when Kevin's friends are over......trying to see what they have been up to......what advice she can give them and most of all who their latest crush is. She is a meddler! Kevin loves it. Well, yes Amy is a good example for Kevin and she expects him to tow the line. I love that...I need all the help I can get and Amy certainly fills in for me when I am just the "old" mom!

Amy is so talented. Besides taking care of Zack everyday, she works part time from home with some close friends trying to get a business off the ground. These friends rely on her to do all the computer design work. She is really great on that keyboard. My neighbors and ward members are always after her to do their flyers, invitations, YW programs and any computer-type stuff they can't handle. Amy does it in half the time....she is good to have around. She has taught me this blogging thing while she is living here. I am still not good....but much better and still learning.

So these are a few thing I love about Amy
*She is always happy
*She has a great smile...lots of teeth!
*She takes a real interest in what Kevin does and doesn't do
*I think she will take care of me when I am drooling on myself at 80
*She has tiny feet
*She finally gets the family and church thing for real
*She is Max's personal shopper....so I reap the benefits
*She has a pretty positive attitude
*She is the greatest mom...which means I will have great grandkids
*She is the Jarv!


Happy Birthday Amy.....we all love you to death!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I think she's great too! And she makes a wonderful VT companion. It has been fun to see her all grown up and being a mother. She does it all so well. She must have learned it from a pro!