Saturday, August 16, 2008

Can You Believe It?

All I can say is WOW! I have been watching the Olympics religiously......largely because I have been following Michael Phelps and his quest for the record-breaking gold medals. I have never been so entertained! I have lost so much sleep this week trying to stay up....trying not to miss anything....especially Michael Phelps. I am always on the edge of my seat!

Who can possibly believe what this fabulous young man has done! Is he Super-Human? The 400 freestyle medley (with the French talking trash) was enough excitement....but last night???? WOW, amazing, that was unbelievable! I think he is unforgettable. He has taken his place in history.....Michael's surge in the last 50 meters of the 100 meter butterly and the quick 1/100th of a second touch is hard to believe! How did he get in there??? He seems to just be able to win no matter what the odds! The winning touch was really not apparent to the naked eye. Slow motion had to play a part for me to believe it and I still had to look hard!

One more race to go tonight.....it is intriguing..... Michael has to depend on his teammates to help him win his 8th Gold Medal. That is the perfect ending for Michael's quest.....team work!

I love the fact that he loves his mother and she is such a big part of his life.....best of all....he is not embarassed about it. What's not to love about a kid like that????


1 comments:

Julie said...

Have you heard about all the sponsers he has already gotten?!?!? I mean he totally deserves it too! I too have lost sleep watching this 23 year old guy! Riley and Maddie wake up and ask how he did. This is why I love the Olympics!