Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kevin!!! You're In High School!!!

Mountain View Toros



Kev headed for wrestling practice...finally got a smile!

I'm a day late on this post.......not because I wasn't going to do it (I know Julie is laughing at me!) but because the subject of my post was unwilling to pose properly (yes, you Kevin). He thinks he is too cool now since he has hit High School to have photos of the first day of school....oh how cute! Amy tried to snap some photos on the first day, but yikes! they were not acceptable. Sooooo, today I took it upon myself to embarass Kevin and snap some photos as I picked him up from wrestling practice. So read on to get the full scoop on Kev's first day in the halls of High School.


Kevin is going to Mountain View. A huge school!!! GO TOROS!! It has been so long since I have had a child in High School I have forgotten everything that goes along with it. Kevin registered early with everyone.....and of course, nothing was right when his schedule came. We made a change just before school started....easy. On the first day, Kevin came home and had a few complaints......you know what his main complaint was????? There are no cute girls in my classes! Plus....he attended his first class....college prep chemistry....Oh No!!! too many brains in the class for him to survive! He wants out!



All kidding aside Kevin has got to tow the line this year. School is now pretty important for him and he needs to do well. He has decided to go for the wrestling team this year. Mountain View is extremely competitive and they demand time, time, time, from the students who decide to do sports. Wrestling workouts started today and Kevin has already spent four hours today working out. Up tomorrow morning at 5:45 for conditioning! I'm not sure I'm signed up for this! Wrestlemania!

He's already doing homework and going to bed earlier. I kinda like this school thing. Friends, late nights, sleeping in, hanging out, wasting time, spending money, Sonic runs and eating because you are bored have all come to a screeching halt! School's On!!!! Kev, You're in High School!




3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Kevy boodle bug baby! By the way, my pictures were perfectly acceptable!!! At least someone (ie ME, not my mom) was here to take some pictures on the first day!!! Geez...no credit around here. While Deb is pumping iron, I'm snapping pics! Maybe I'll have my own post....hmm. Probably not.

Go Toros!

Natalie said...

Debbie-it was good hearing from you on my blog! It's weird to think I was so anti-blogging at first....and now I'm loving it! Great post on Kevin! I can't believe he's in high school. I remember when he was born for crying out loud! He seems like such a good kid...you'll have fun with another set of 4 H.S years!! And yes, I NEED to quilt. My eyes are on "Let it Snow" from Buggy Barn. But we'll see if the wallet and schedule permit!

Julie said...

I think the tables have turned. Kev's crying about no sonic run and I have two less kids. . . time for a sonic drink run. Yeah baby!

(I love that Kev's in the nerd class--hey the smarties make the money, right?!?!)