Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's Next For Bella?


Okay, I have been caught up in the Twilight Series like everyone else. My trainer at the gym was finally the one who twisted my arm.......starting me off on this vampire love story. I have to admit it, I went from the first to the third book pretty quickly. Who doesn't love Edward? Why am I reading about vampires? It is intriguing I must say and a little far fetched. Once in a while though, it is nice to escape into a fantasy world... right? Like everyone else I was kind of looking forward to the 4th book, "Breaking Dawn." And yes, I bought it a few days after it came out.

I started reading it about a week ago. I have seen everybody reading it. I called my daughter, not realizing it had come out and she was already just about finished with the book! My daughter-in-law is reading it, my neighbors are reading it, who isn't??? Anticipation! I am a slow reader.....and I will not give anything away......all I can say is REALLY???? Who will win out...Edward or Jacob? Is Bella really going to become a vampire? The million dollar questions? When I am finished I will have to give my opinion (I have to wait on Amy.....she doesn't want me to spoil anything!) Feel free to comment!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I finished yesterday!!!! Yes, there were a few cheesy parts. But I will say I think I liked the last 1/3 of the book best. And I'm not even sure why. . . maybe we will need to discuss in more depth when you are done.

Tell Amy to get going, we can't hold out talking about it forever!!

Heidi said...

It does have cheesy parts, but remember, it was started for teenagers! But I loved the last part also! (Amy--just don't read any of this.) All of a sudden Bella is wise and in control. It's such a nice change after her 17 year-old histrionics all the time. I hope you enjoy the book all the way through.

Natalie said...

Oh Debbie....I too was hooked on those dang books. Yes, I liked them, but I won't tell my bishop what a freakishly obsessed person I was for a week while reading them. I mean, come on....it's vampires and love....WHAT HAS COME OVER US? It's kind of embarressing to admit the addiction. But yes, I liked them. Especially Edward! I agree, I appreciated the maturity Bella grew into FINALLY. But the whole thing was kinda predictable and HAPPILY EVER AFTER. No one even died. Ok, I'll stop complaining...I just wanted more action, more twists, more drama!

Ahhh...off to reality!

Julie said...

Okay, I one more thing to say about the book. . . I would never let MY teenage daughter read this one. It surprising that its written for Young Adults. I mean I know Bella and Edward are married but come on. . . there were way too many sexual references for me to let my girls read this. . . would you?

Nicole said...

I too am a sucker for the vampires! My family is very glad that this was the last book in the series. My boys tell me I am boring when I am reading a book. I just had a hard time putting it down to fix dinner or play games! I agree with Julie...(I don't think I need to worry about my boys reading it), but if I had teenage girls, this would not be a book they would be reading! The first one I don't remember being so bad, but this last one was for an older audience in my opinion!