Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just A Little Quilt Talk

I have 5 sisters.....4 of whom love quilts as much as I do (maybe.!) For some reason we started up a little tradition of making quilts together once or twice a year, depending on available time and our different schedules. My sister, Linda, has a cabin up in Kamas, Utah. It seemed like the perfect place to get away and sew our quilts. It is so peaceful and quiet....away from phones, kids, husbands, meal planning, responsibilites and our hectic lives. I always look forward to these little trips. They are so relaxing! Not only do I get to visit with my family (I am the only one that lives away), but I get to make a new quilt! Of course, we are always jealous of each other's quilt. My mom has decided to join the quilt group just lately! It is so much fun. We get up early and stay up late, eat, sew and watch movies. We have such a good time!

To date we have made five or six quilts together. (I will be posting my quilt collection later) Of course, not all of them are completely finished, but I am working on it! This is our latest quilt project.....and I have to say not my favorite, although I may change my mine when it is all quilted and finished. For some reason, this one gave me a little trouble. But I am posting this on my blog so my sisters can see that I did finish the top! I have purchased the fabric for the back and it WILL be finished.

Flutterby....by Moda






I have to come up with something "cute" for my back!

In October I am going to get together again with my sisters. It is my turn to pick the pattern....so I hear? I am having a little trouble, because I want to do something different. Maybe learn to do something different. Hmmmmmm haven't quite got a handle on it. I am still looking! Can't wait for October

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love your boarders...are they cuter than mine? With the kids going back to school I am getting the bug to sew more. I am anxious to start a new one. Decide quick!

Michelle said...

Love it Debbie!

Julie said...

Am I in your will to inherit some of these beauties???? I know Ryan teases you about the quilting obsession so you can bypass him and just list my name. :)

Heidi said...

So did anything strike your fancy yet? Knowing you--it will be the cutest and best pattern ever! And everyone will be jealous.

Natalie said...

Ahhh, Debbie......feeling a bit jealous right now! Jealous of your free time, your obsession for quilting, and your sweet get-away cabin for quilting!! I am still hopeful to do "Let it Snow" from Buggy Barn before Christmas. But between finding the cash-ola, and the time to do it all...I'm freaking out thinking it might not happen!! How many quilt ideas have I put on the backburner???? Too many I say! But I know your fresh new idea will surface. Have fun with it!

The Sieverts said...

Deb you quilt turned out sooo cute. and i was the lucky one to get the good scraps. i made a cute scrappy quilt from these colors. thanks a bunch!